American Trade Hotel
Happening, One-of-a-Kind, Modern-Design, Luxuriously Boutique in Casco Viejo
Panama City’s first skyscraper is now restored as the newest and most eclectically luxurious hotel in the capital, nestled front row to the Panama Canal in the City’s Old Quarter. This 1917 five-story building evokes strong feelings rooted in the past as it reconstructs a 100 year-old tale of its surroundings. Originally built to exchange American goods for rich locals and expats, the architecture still fuels this vibe of exchange as it continues as a crossroads.
The surrounding, emerging neighborhood of Casco Viejo only furthers this energy as a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of only 981 in the world, serving to preserve the area’s rich cultural and historic diversity. A joint effort between the U.S.-based Ace Hotels with local-based Conservatorio and L.A.’s Commune Design, the American Trade Hotels brings togethers Neoclassical architecture with Art Nouveau heritage. The mansard roof is reminiscent of the stronghold of the French as they attempted to build the Canal in the late 19th century, the rooftop pool was inspired by travels to Marrakech, the interior courtyards of long lunches in Colombian haciendas.
Relive the tropical colonial details in the delicate craftmanship of each room: high ceilings absorbing Canal and plaza views, preserved tile from the original building, hardwood flooring salvaged from underwater logs in the Panama Canal. Like a scene from Casablanca, this Panama City new hotel is stylish, romantic, elegant and spacious, and lives on as Panama’s first luxury high-rise.
- Frette sheets, down comforters and blankets, flat HD TV; ocean, city, garden views, private balconies
- Bathrooms are furnished with rain shower, deep soaking bathtub, Aesop bath products and 100% turkish cloth cotton bath robes
- Lobby Café and Bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a cocktail menu reminiscent of the 20s and 30s, and fresh farm-to-table ingredients for all meals and drinks. Complementary breakfast.
- Rooftop pool gives panoramic views of the Panama Canal, Casco Viejo and city skyline
- Home of Danilo’s Jazz Club, an intimate 50-seat club bringing together international artists and local talent
*Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic transport, tours and hotels as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
- Breakfast Included
- Cable TV
- Fitness Facility
- In-room safe
- Ipod Docking Station
- Ocean View
- Swimming Pool
- Wireless Internet
Get a Free Quote
Please complete this form and an expert will contact you within 24 hours.