Happening, One-of-a-Kind, Modern-Design, Luxuriously Boutique in Casco Viejo
American Trade Hotel Overview
Panama City’s first concrete skyscraper is now restored as one of the most eclectically luxurious hotel in the capital’s Old Quarter. This 1917 four-story building evokes strong feelings rooted in the past as it reconstructs a 100 year-old tale of its surroundings.
Originally built to exchange American goods for rich locals and expats, the architecture still fuels this vibe of trade as it continues as a crossroads. Some of the decor pays homage to the years the building was run by gangsters until it was finally stormed by police and then restored as the grand hotel it is today.
The surrounding, vibrant neighborhood of Casco Viejo only furthers this energy as a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site—one of only 1031 in the world—serving to preserve the area’s rich cultural and historic diversity. A joint effort between the U.S.-based Ace Hotels with the local Conservatorio and L.A.’s Commune Design, the American Trade Hotel brings together Neoclassical architecture with Art Nouveau heritage.
The mansard roof is reminiscent of the stronghold of the French as they attempted to build the Canal in the late 19th century. The rooftop pool was inspired by travels from Marrakech, and the interior courtyards by long lunches in Colombian haciendas.
Relive the tropical colonial details in the delicate craftmanship of each room: high ceilings with Canal and plaza views, preserved tile from the original building, and hardwood flooring salvaged from underwater logs in the Panama Canal. Like a scene from Casablanca, this Panama City new hotel is stylish, romantic, elegant and spacious, and lives on as Panama’s first luxury high-rise.
Every itinerary includes:
Airport Greeting Service
24/7 In-country Service
- Frette sheets, down comforters and blankets, flat HD TV; ocean, city, garden views, private balconies
- Bathrooms are furnished with rain shower, deep soaking bathtub, Aesop bath products and 100% turkish cloth cotton bath robes
- Lobby Café and Bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a cocktail menu reminiscent of the 20s and 30s, and fresh farm-to-table ingredients for all meals and drinks. Complementary breakfast.
- Rooftop pool gives panoramic views of the Panama Canal, Casco Viejo and city skyline
- Home of Danilo’s Jazz Club, an intimate 50-seat club bringing together international artists and local talent